Friday 19 July 2013

IT'S A MIRACLE!

My eyes have just about healed from my operation now, which is why I haven't posted on here in a while. They have been incredibly sensitive to light and even with the brightness turned down fully on my computer monitor, I still had to wear sunglasses in order to see without squinting! I am a lot better now, I am off my medicated eye drops and only have to use the “fake tears” drops when my eyes go dry. The only remnants of the surgery is a blood splodge on each eye where the “hinge” of my lense was and a semi-circle of pink under my eyelids from the machinery. 


I think I underestimated how much time I would need to get over my operation, I thought I would be OK the day after and I wasn't worried at all, so I had the operation the day before my parents went on holiday. My boyfriend had to stay with me for about a week to look after me instead as I kept walking into and tripping over things, I felt like such an invalid! 
The operation itself was pretty traumatic, I don't actually think I have been so terrified in my life, as I am generally quite brave when it comes to medical things. I went blind for a few seconds which scared the hell out of me and then once I could see again, everything was incredibly blurry (this must have been when my lenses were removed) so I didn't know what was going on. I was then asked to stare at what I can only describe as a load of miniature disco rave lights, and I could hear a loud ticking noise and smell burning. Once that was over my lense was obviously replaced as I could see a bit better than before and noticed a plastic trowel type tool being scraped over my eyeballs. Once that was done, it was all over, I must have only been in there for about 2 minutes, but it was horrible! 

I am definitely glad I went through that though as I CAN FINALLY SEE!! 
This will last me for the rest of my life until I get properly old and my vision deteriorates like everyone else's. I have wanted laser eye surgery since I first heard about it when I was in my early teens, I have had bad eyes since I was very little and it has always been an annoyance, but now I am finally normal! (sort of...) I am very happy with my vision now, and I would definitely recommend the operation to other's with bad eyes. It is very scary when it's happening but it's only for a few minutes and you don't even feel anything because of the anaesthetic eye drops. 
So yes, I am happy so EVERYBODY DANCE NOW!



..............
Aaaanyway.. unfortunately I have had to postpone my Joker's Hideout project because of my surgery and I will have to postpone it further as I have been set some Visual Design projects to do. I'm not very happy about this as I would much rather teach myself more about UDK and I hate that I have missed my self set deadline but I HAVE to do these projects. I will definitely carry on with my Joker Project in the near future, once I have got these additional projects out of the way.


No comments:

Post a Comment